Liveline Podcast - carbon monoxide poisoning 08 March 2011

 

 

Carol's wood-burning stove is the likely cause of her carbon monoxide problems. Listen to Podcast here.

This is yet another recent example of a "tradesman/chimney specialist" who not having any qualification in the safe installation of appliances, fitted a multifuel appliance and twin wall system in a timber frame house in County Wexford. This householder had put the children to bed, but awoke on hearing a "clink clink" sound. While trying to find the source of the sound, the householder pulled down the attic ladder only to find

the attic on fire.The result can be seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Zgtjdq4NE the Irish Fire Service attended removing the stove and hearth before this video commenced. The family were saved but the home was damaged.

 

  • Banner
  • Banner
  • Banner
  • Banner
  • Banner
  • Banner

Contact Form